Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Rainbows and Promises

So I'm new to all this and yet I feel so compelled to get on board with it. I am a Sistuh in the Faith! And just because we are called to believe in and submit our lives to Jesus Christ and just because we have enough faith we're certain that we could walk on water if charged with such a task, that doesn't mean that we never struggle. I have faith ...a firm foundation of faith in Jesus Christ. Yet, I must confess that there has been an ongoing struggle for quite some time. And I am not alone. The really neat thing is that all through this struggle each person who is paddling alongside me has received his/her own specific reassurances and promises. How cool is that? Our God deals with each one of us accordingly...on a very personal, very intimate one-on-one basis!! I sat through a difficult meeting last night wondering why I was even there. It was by far one of the hardest things I ever done in my life...sitting there and trying my best to represent well not only folks that I love, but folks that I love who are on two different sides of the same coin. Man, I tell you, it was difficult! I started to not even go at all just as a way of avoiding the conflict. I knew that my inaction would bring great disappointment ... from myself and from others. So I tried to just 'suck it up' and go. At one point I considered walking out... thinking though, 'What kind of message is that going to send and what kind of confusion will that create!?' So I stuck it out. And it was hard!!!! I want to always do what's right. I don't mind at all doing what's right. Where my struggle is are the times when everything is so gray, you can't see where the right is and where the wrong is to even be able to figure out which one you're doing. Last night, there was gray all over the place! As I laid down though with thoughts from that meeting swirling through my head, I asked God what He thought about it. He reassured me that my integrity was in tact. WHEW!!! He reminded me of things that I could have said that I did not...which was good! He reminded me of things that were put on the table by others, so that I didn't even have to bring them up. He reminded me of where I had hung in there and stuck up for and supported an opposing view, even when it was difficult to support. And I drifted off to sleep. I slept like a rock!!! Then this morning, the greatest blessing of all. I received a random phone call that said, "Go outside your front door and just look!" So I did. There right in front of me was the most vivid, fullest, most beautiful rainbow that I have seen in ages! In fact, I think the last one that I saw that was that beautiful was while on a mission trip in New York. We took a day for sight seeing and visited Niagra Falls. The mist from the falls keeps a constant rainbow set above the falls...well except for when it's dark. In my heart this morning, I claimed that rainbow as my very own!! It is my promise that He has not nor will He forsake me...it was my reassurance that He was pleased and that the storm is passing. I can see the light that is coming for the heart that holds on...there will be an end to these troubles but until that day comes...still I will praise You...still I will praise You...still I will praise You...STILL I WILL PRAISE YOU!! I love it that He never lets go!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome reassurance!

So what was all that about? Curious...maybe nosey...email me ha!